DANGER: Popular Seattle Street Sledding Locations. Use extreme caution!!!
1) East Yesler Way between 30th and 31st avenues. You can continue down curvy Lake Dell Avenue and East Alder Street all the way to Lake Washington.
2) Fifth Avenue North above Aloha Street in Lower Queen Anne
3) Back in West Seattle there's Southwest Charlestown Street, which tilts sharply down from California Avenue Southwest. It's usually closed during freezing weather, but watch out for cars at the bottom.
4) One block north is Southwest Spokane Street alongside Madison Middle School in West Seattle. Another nice spot. - Video
5) 35th Avenue Northeast, sloping down from Northeast 95th Street all the way to Meadowbrook Park near Nathan Hale High School, is a long and steep causeway. It's a main road, though, so if it's not closed you should go a block west or east.
6) We've also heard that Northwest 65th Street, coming down from Phinney Ridge, is a great sledding spot.
7) Of course there's East Denny Way (as shown in video above), which propels you down Capitol Hill toward downtown. But be careful -- even with the road closed to cars, it can be very dangerous. - Video 1 - Video 2